I can only visit the arcades during the weekends because of school and so every weekend when I start playing I am a bit rusty. But I am slowly improving my game in TvC and SFIV. I am starting to get the hang of being patient and turtling with Ken even though most people would probably find it annoying, but it is a style that works for me. As for TvC, I am finally getting used to that game and I find it more enjoyable than SFIV. I may perhaps make it the main game I play and my main team right now is Hurrican Polymar/Morrigan. There is some good competition at Super and I got owned a few times by some pros. Anyway I got some good games in this weekend. My schedule goes like this: Friday I get off class at 12, head to super, then to AI, then to Vid94. A full day of gaming in. On Saturdays I go study at Starbucks a bit then head to super for the rest of the day and then possibly to AI and then Vid94. On Sundays if I don't have meetings I will head to super at night until it closes then head back to USC. So only three days in the week I get to practice some moves, not bad.
So with school starting to pick up, I may be limited on some of these weekends since midterms are coming soon and I will have to sacrifice a weekend or two to get some studying in. I am determined to get the best grades this semester since I suffered greatly last semester. Some good news though is that I will be going to Uganda this summer on a volunteer project through the volunteer center here at USC and so that will be a short break from gaming. I plan to go to Evo2k9 and this will be my first time going to Evo. I am really excited that the lineup is finally out and that it will be hosted at the Rio from July 17-19. Hopefully I can get better by then and be a formidable opponent for the pros.
Anyways ggs to the guys at super, ai, and vid94 this weekend. Hopefully I will be able to put a challenge in the near future, especially with SFIV coming out in two weeks. I will definitely be practicing throughout the week!
No comments:
Post a Comment